Uninstalling & Transferring accounts
SparkLayer works as a Sales channel within Shopify and uninstalling it works in the same way as any other sales channel.
Please follow the below steps:
From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Apps and sales channels.
Click Remove beside the B2B Ordering sales channel that you want to remove.
If you want to give a reason for removing the channel, then enter it in the field.
Click to confirm
Once you've removed the sales channel, this will then cancel the SparkLayer recurring billing changes with immediate effect.
- If you've also added the SparkLayer Frontend Interfaces to your Shopify store, these will need to be removed manually.
- When you follow the uninstall process, this will disable customers, product and order updates to SparkLayer but will not delete the data until you contact us to remove your account.
- Please note, depending on when your billing cycle to SparkLayer began, you may see charges you're not expecting. Please contact us if you would like us to investigate.
When you first sign up to SparkLayer, you'll be asked to associate your account with a Shopify URL (i.e. storename.myshopify.com). Once that's done, SparkLayer will be locked to that URL and will begin synchronising products, customers, and enable you to install the Frontend code snippets to test it out.
You may be wanting to trial SparkLayer on a test or development Shopify store just to see how it works before you fully commit to using it. The good news is, it's possible to transfer accounts by following the below steps!
- First, sign into your Shopify store and uninstall SparkLayer via the steps above. This will disconnect SparkLayer from the Shopify store
- Select Shopify and re-enter the new Shopify URL you wish to connect (i.e. new-storename.myshopify.com)
- You'll then be taken to the Shopify admin and asked to reinstall SparkLayer and select a plan.
- Once that's completed, you'll then be returned to the SparkLayer Dashboard. SparkLayer will then begin synchronising your products and customers and you can then re-install the Frontend Interfaces on the new store