Uninstalling & Transferring accounts
SparkLayer works just like any other app in BigCommerce and you can uninstall it very easily.
Please follow the below steps:
From your BigCommerce admin, click Apps, and then click My Apps.
Once you've removed the sales channel, this will then cancel the SparkLayer recurring billing charges with immediate effect.
- If you've also added the SparkLayer Frontend Interfaces to your BigCommerce store, these will need to be removed manually.
- When you follow the uninstall process, this will disable customers, product and order updates to SparkLayer but will not delete the data until you contact us to remove your account.
- Please note, depending on when your billing cycle to SparkLayer began, you may see charges you're not expecting. Please contact us if you would like us to investigate.
If you'd prefer to pause your SparkLayer account and resume your subscription in the near future, we recommend the following steps:
- Follow the uninstall process above to remove the B2B Ordering sales channel.
- Retain any codes changes in your BigCommerce storefront theme (you can always 'Duplicate' the theme to create a backup).
- Notify our team and once you're ready to resume your subscription, we can assist where necessary.
When you first sign up to SparkLayer, you'll be asked to associate your account with your BigCommerce store. Once that's done, SparkLayer will be locked to that URL and will begin synchronising products, customers, and enable you to install the Frontend code snippets to test it out.
You may be wanting to trial SparkLayer on a test or development BigCommerce store just to see how it works before you fully commit to using it. The good news is, it's possible to transfer accounts by following the below steps!
- First, sign into your BigCommerce store and uninstall SparkLayer via the steps above. This will disconnect SparkLayer from the BigCommerce store
- Select BigCommerce and re-enter the new BigCommerce URL you wish to connect
- You'll then be taken to the BigCommerce admin and asked to reinstall SparkLayer and select a plan.
- Once that's completed, you'll then be returned to the SparkLayer Dashboard. SparkLayer will then begin synchronising your products and customers and you can then re-install the Frontend Interfaces on the new store