Uninstalling or Transferring Accounts
SparkLayer works as a Sales channel within Shopify and uninstalling it works in the same way as any other sales channel.
- 1.From your Shopify admin, click Settings, and then click Apps and sales channels.
- 2.Click Remove beside the B2B Ordering sales channel that you want to remove.
- 3.If you want to give a reason for removing the channel, then enter it in the field.
- 4.Click to confirm.
If you've also added the SparkLayer code snippets to your Shopify store, these will need to be removed manually.
When you follow this process, this will disable customers, product and order updates to SparkLayer but will not delete the data until you contact us to remove your account.
Once you've remove the sales channel, this will then cancel the SparkLayer recurring billing changes with immediate effect.
Please note, depending on when your billing cycle to SparkLayer began, you may see charges you're not expecting. Please contact us if you would like us to investigate.
If you'd prefer to pause your SparkLayer account and resume your subscription in the near future, we recommend the following steps:
- Follow the uninstall process above to remove the B2B Ordering sales channel.
- Retain any codes changes in your Shopify storefront theme (you can always 'Duplicate' the theme to create a backup).
- Notify our team and once you're ready to resume your subscription, we can assist where necessary.
Any configurations you've set up in the SparkLayer Dashboard will be retained such as price lists and customer group set up.
When you first sign up to SparkLayer, you'll be asked to associate your account with a Shopify URL (i.e.
storename.myshopify.com). Once that's done, SparkLayer will be locked to that URL and will begin synchronising products, customers, and enable you to install the Frontend code snippets to test it out.
You may be wanting to trial SparkLayer on a test or development Shopify store just to see how it works before you fully commit to using it. The good news is, it's possible to transfer accounts by following the below steps!
- First, sign into your Shopify store and uninstall SparkLayer via the steps detailed above. This will disconnect SparkLayer from the Shopify store
- Next, sign into SparkLayer with the original account you created and go to Configuration and click Integrations
- Select Shopify and re-enter the new Shopify URL you wish to connect (i.e.
- You'll then be taken to the Shopify admin and asked to reinstall SparkLayer and select a plan.
- Once that's completed, you'll then be returned to the SparkLayer Dashboard. SparkLayer will then begin synchronising your products and customers and you can then re-install the Frontend code snippets on the new store